Friday, May 01, 2009

May!

I can't believe it's May already. Camping weather here we come! We're headed to Eden, NC (home of the friendliest people you ever want to meet) for the argus collectors group this month (Roger and Peggy will join us to help with the kids-Wesley gets sucked into Argo-land so otherwise it would just be me and the kids) and then the next weekend mom and dad will be here. Robert will be super excited to see them (as will we all!). Every few days he says "Grammy and Grampy comming soon, comming tomorrow". Not a question either, it is a factual statement! Lol. He loves his grammy and grampy! He's been carrying around the box that his air bed is in recently-he's all excited about his "Pooh bed for beach and vacations".

Tonight is my first solo night as a nursing coordinator. So far things are pretty calm. I'm keeping a close eye on the ED's census and it looks good so far. I've got my fingers crossed for a smooth night. It sounds like it was a crazy day for poor Brenda who worked the dayshift.

Mary is walking really well now-still has some trouble outside (especially when faced with an energetic pug!) . She has also really taken to her dolly. She calls it Baby and loves baby, holds baby, kisses baby, feeds baby (yes Mom I bought her a feeding set for it!). Today I was trying to get her to take a nap so I could take a nap and she started kissing me all over. It was sooo cute. She is so different from Robert. I still have never gotten a real kiss from Robert-he'll lay his cheek against mine if I ask for a kiss. Mary does the whole "mwah" kiss thing-and blows kisses too. Robert has been sweet today too-we just had a really good day. I made him a sandwich with left over pork loin and cheese with mayo and mustard for lunch and he kept going "wow, yummy sandwich-peanutbutter, meat and cheese (I don't know where he got the PB from lol). Mary had sunbutter and jelly and I had sunbutter and mayo and banana. I made bread last night so it was fresh and yummy! The kids ate and ate!

The day started out kinda cool and then warmed up in the afternoon so we were able to go out and play and "photosenthesize" as I put it. I wish the lettuce and beans I planted the Sunday would pop up and photosenthesize too-I'm begining to think I did something wrong :) I think some of the green beans may be comming up-I guess we'll see what happens.

No comments: