Wednesday, August 26, 2009

work, work, work....

It seems that all I do these days is work! I did end up working 12:45-3 last night but had gone to bed at 9:30 (they called me at 12:30) and was able to leave right at 3 am and was in bed by 3:25 so I decided not to send the kids to the babysitter. They're going thurs and fri all day so I really hated to send them today. Mary is actually still asleep so I know she appreciates not being woken up to go to Denee's! And Wesley HAD to be at work at 8 this morning so that would have been hard to get the kids up, ready, to Denee's etc. I basically got called in for a new admission so all I had to do was all the admission stuff-IV, labs, questions, assessments, chart etc for him so that went pretty well and I was able to help the other nurses a little with some small stuff until the 3 am nurses came in.

It was SO nice to be able to be home with the kids yesterday. We played outside, snuggled, watched a little TV, they took naps (but at different times so I didn't), bathed snoopy, bathed them, went to nanny night, and they went to bed without a whimper! We didn't even go to they gym-I really felt that they needed ME to be with them and I think it was the right decision. The house is completely wrecked but oh well. I'll get it later :)

Today I'm hoping to hit the gym either this morning or this afternoon. I lost 2 lbs last week (whoot!) so I only have 6 to go to be back at my goal weight. I'm really psyched about that.

Tomorrow I have telemetry class from 7-3 and I'm thinking that I might try to see Julie and Julia afterwards. There's a 3:45-5:45 showing and I think I might just be crazy enough to go and scramble to make supper afterwards! I think my last movie theater movie was ice age 2. I think-maybe? It's been a LONG time!

Friday I'm supposed to work 3p-7p on Peds. The kids are scheduled at Denee's all day so I can maybe try to get the upstairs worked on so we can get the furniture from Granny's house moved in. Her house is under contract pending inspections. The house inspection (by the prospective buyer's dad) was last eve, they still have a well inspection, septic inspection and termite inspection to go.

No comments: