Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Martha and Me Mondays (yes I know it's Tuesday)

OK I've joined a with Martha and Me to try this week's project (for more go to

http://marthaandme.wordpress.com/2009/08/11/martha-mondays-grilled-vanilla-peaches/


This week was grilled peaches. Which worked really well-we did grilled squash and zucchini (bukini according to Robert), grilled chicken and grilled peaches. With pasta roni that I got cheap at sharp shopper too. It was 102 deg I wasn't turning on the stove so I did them in the microwave. The peaches came off at the same time as the rest of the food so they were able to cool a little while we ate which meant they didn't melt the ice cream. The basic idea is you cut peaches, add lemon juice and oil (I did not use fresh lemmons I used my handy bottle of lemon juice) and then brush them with a mixture of brown sugar, cinnamon, a pinch of salt and a little water to make a paste and then grill them for 20-30 min in a foil packet. They turned out OK. Really cinnomony like apple pie sorta (which I don't really like) and tasted OK with the vanilla ice cream (mmm costco brand vanilla rocks). The kids liked them but I'm not sure I'll do them again-at least not with that much cinnamon. I wonder if you were to grill them with some sort of a raspberry syrup?

cut peaches (also from costco)


ready to grill
the finished product-couldn't find the ice cream scoop and was rushing to eat before going to work.

No comments: