Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Crazy Mary!

Mary is cracking me up this weekend/week! Well until this afternoon-I'll get there in a minute. She figured out how to climb over the sofa yesterday (so up the sofa, over the gate to the office area). sigh. And then on the coffee table. Sigh. I guess I should have figured that she would get this when she can climb the ladder to the playset. Sigh. Oh and evidently she ate some (clean thankfully-I had just changed it out-thanks dad for buying new sand!) sand yesterday while I was hanging clothes on the line 'cause she's been a little sandy butt today-and hasn't been in the sand today IYKWIM. She also feeds her babies (and tried to feed me a bottle today, lol), jabbers non stop and toddles so cutely. She is so adorable!

Yesterday was a good day home with the kids-I actually got a sunburn (oops! wore a tank top instead of my usual short sleeved shirt and the tops of my shoulders and part of my back got it-you can tell where I did spray a part of my back but I mised some) but the kids were fine and took GOOD naps. :). I did a million loads of laundry and hung them out (sheets, towels, clothes, rugs, shower curtain, etc, etc, etc). I was beat and in bed before 10.

Today we went to the wellness center (gym play as Robert calls it!) where I walked/ran 2.75 miles and did some weights. Then Mary was fussy at nap time and at some point was burning up and her temp was 103. So Wesley stayed home with her tonight while Roger and Peggy took Robert to Nanny night. She seems fine when her temp is down-so not sure what is going on with her or what we'll end up doing tomorrow. A lady at church has offered to babysit if need be in the morning so that's a relief. I have to be back at work form 3p-7p to help with the ED meditech go live (they have a meditech inpatient nurse here for the first several days to help floor nurses figure out where to look for their info. But I can always bring her with me for sick day care. I am hoping that she will be fine in the am and all this will be a moot point! I know she's got some teeth comming in so maybe it's a combo of that and the sand :) I called Wes about 8 and she was already in bed and was doing fine. Now I'm sitting here worrying about her, ugh it's so hard to be away from them when they are sick!

Needless to say I didn't get a nap today (Mary napped on me when she did nap and Snoopy wanted in and out and in and out) and luckily I had a coupon for a free iced coffee from starbucks. Wow, that's some potent stuff. I think I should be good for a while with that :) But really, not so tastey and I think origionally would have been $1.75 or $2.75 or something like that. Not worth it!

Well work has been calling so I hope this isn't too disjointed. We're headed away this weekend to Todd lake to camp-so inbetween everything else we have to get ready to do that. I work tonight, 3p-7p tomorrow, 3p-3a thurs and then off, off, off. If I accepted everything people have wanted me to work I would have worked a million hours this week. At this point getting my hours in has not been an issue!

I have been saddened to hear that my best friend from JA lost her dad this week. This sort of thing shouldn't happen to people my age :( I feel so helpless to do anything for her either. So please keep Francine and her mom in your prayers...

No comments: