Saturday, June 20, 2009

Another night....

It seems like the only time I post anymore is when I work nights. It's been a while so it's been a while since I posted. Because when I'm not at work I have more important things to do like keep Mary from falling off the table. Or harvesting crops on facebook. You know, the important things in life! I'm enjoying a little lull here at work, with just sporadic admissions and a little time before I need to make my second rounds and then print and copy the unit census sheets for tomorrow. If you do them too early you have to hand write in the new admissions that you get from then on so you might as well wait until at least 4. But if you wait too long then a bunch of stuff goes wrong at 5 and you are still frantically copying at 7 when the next coordinator comes in. Darned if you do, darned if you don't! It's been a nice week, I've only worked 24 hours (including tonight!) which is fabulous! I've gotten some housework and some baking done and just spent time with the kids! They wear me out, let me tell you. Little crazy kidlets. Especially Mary-she's a wild one. She did develop a runny nose today so maybe her cough thing was post nasal drip. Last night when she woke up coughing I listened to her and didn't hear any wheezing so I guess my psuedo diagnosis of reactive airway junk was inaccurate. But we'll see. She goes Friday for her 15 month checkup.

I remembered something that I forgot to blog about last week. That night from you-know-where 3 weeks ago today when EVERYTHING went wrong, we spent 45 minutes coding a guy who we almost lost. Well, the other day I was doing a meditech thing and happened by him as he was GOING HOME. I hadn't seen him since he had been extubated and out of CCU. I couldn't believe that he was up, walking, normal.... Praise God. I mean we were minutes from calling that code (saying it was over) when we got a pulse back finally-like 3 rounds of shocking and 4 rounds of every med known to mankind. And yes, you do levitate when they shock you-especially when you up the charge. Oh and tonight I heard that the baby which was another part of the horrible night is still alive! I was sure that he wasn't going to make it either. That was a 3.5 hour code...

No comments: