Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Good times!

The kids are really settling into going to school everyday.  Robert still whines some but he goes willingly and is happy when I pick him up.  The last few days I couldn't get him to LEAVE daycare, lol.  It was really nice to have a quiet morning today. It was raining-a steady downpour and dreary.  So I just worked on some projects (listed the nursery stuff and the stroller on craigslist, uploaded pics etc) and cleared up the clutter, cleaned counters, swept etc.  No real housework, just getting the house livable again after the weekend!  Then I took a nap (yeah!) and then went to the gym, picked up a kid's rocking chair that I found on craigslist for $7!, got groceries and then picked up the kids!  Mary LOVES the rocking chair.  She tried to carry it up the stairs!  I had to take it for her and then she was right in it, rocking Amy.  Robert likes it too.

We had a great weekend.  It was good to just chill out and get projects done.  Sat Wesley finished mowing, replaced a roof vent in the camper (and ordered the rest) and picked up stuff to fix the camper awning and oil changes. Peggy and I got the kid's room fixed up (soooooo cute!)-I'll post about it separately and I hung out with the kids while Wesley project-ed.  That evening I froze a bunch of tomatoes and made "peach fondue" and "sundae in a jar" ice cream topings (canned).  Sunday after church Wesley picked up the pics from the fair (he won several ribbons again this year including I think two 1st place!)  His first 1st place ribbons ever!  And he and Roger fixed the camper and then they brought out this hand me down bike Roger's niece had outgrown and his brother had handed down for Mary. They added Wesley's training wheels to it (they still have his training wheels????) and Mary loves it.  Apparently she had seen the bike once before one evening while I was at work and I had never heard about it, lol.  I'm surprised she hadn't mentioned it.  She isn't anywhere near riding yet-doesn't have any clue about pedaling but we'll see how it goes at the beach where there is flat ground and sidewalks. 

These kids are certainly something!  Mary is having more and more dry days.  She gets a present at the end of the day if she is dry all day and she's gotten one the last few days.  Fingers crossed that we are almost done with potty training!  I feel like we've been working on it FOREVER.  She is reliably pooping in the potty and that is fantastic!  :)  Robert is still playing with legos non stop. He is definitely an addict.  And he loves the shoe organizer on the back of his door.  Any time he gets something that can go in a little pocket he rushes to put it away there (silly band or small dinosaur figurine-prize from school).  Mary is obsessed with "ouchies"-hers and yours.  She carefully looks at me to see if she can find an ouchie on me, and will tell anyone close by that she has ouchies (no, not her scars but small ouchies!). 

Speaking of her "ouchies" we go back on Monday to see the plastic surgeon and PT and I'm looking forward to seeing what they say.  I think she has improved so much recently.  I've been doing pretty hard masage not just on her jaw line but on her left upper arm as well which seems to be helping a ton with the thick areas.  I have a feeling we will need at least 1 new shirt since her pink one is torn at the elbow...  2 year olds are not meant to wear a shirt every other day forever!  Especially not one that thin.  I'm hoping we're nearing the end of the every 3-4 month visits with the plastic surgeon.  I'm sure he'll want to see her again in Dec/Jan which will be a year from the accident and hopefully we can get out of the compression shirt at that point.  But I'm not sure that I can dress her without putting a compression shirt on and doing the whole cream thing.  It's just such a part of everyday, twice a day.  It will certainly be strange for a while!  I'm sure we'll also hit toys r us on Mon-especially since we have a pretty big gap between appointments-11:30 for plastic surgeon and 4:30 for the PT (she is at the hospital that day-she'll call us if she can see us earlier).  I usually pick her up something and then a little something for Robert too.  I figure we can also check out the children's museum too if the day is dragging.  Or the mall :)

No comments: