Saturday, August 14, 2010

where to start?

I've been putting off blogging mostly because I don't know where to start!  But here we are, almost 2 weeks since we've been home and I think it's time to just 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8 SPLASH to quote  That kid is a nut in the water.  He jumps and swims and jumps and swims (all with a life jacket).  No fear of getting his face wet or going under, no more spluttering or anything.  He really took off today using his arms (as well as his legs) and it was amazing how fast he could go.  Another light bulb.  And Mary was the star today-this was the first time she could swim independently.  We started like we did when they learned to walk-swimming between us and then another light bulb went off and she was OFF.  And I mean swim across the pool off.  Arms and legs.  And jumped in and climbed out and played with pool toys and by the end she was tired.  But stayed awake going to great grandma's (Grandma R's) and home (with help, lol).  And let me tell you they ate well!  And polished off the ice cream for desert too, lol.  Now I hear they are out to dinner with the Furr grandparents complete with a million silly bands and "new" clothes from a second hand store.  I hear Mary has 2 dresses on over her clothes, lol.  I wish I could see it! 

They were great at grandma's house.  I was so proud of them.  It's nice not to have to take the whole house with us anymore.  I don't even take a booster for Mary for quick meals like this-she sits next to Grandma and loves it!  Lunch was fabulous...mmm.  Grandma says we can swim at the pool their so we'll have to do that the next time-I'm sure she would get a huge kick out of seeing them swim!  We got home in time to put Mary down for a nap and get me ready for work.  I ended up doing a load of laundry because after today I'll be out of scrubs (up until this week I only had 3 sets of regular scrubs and 1 of Peds and my new ones came after laundry day) to make the 3rd day in a row I've done a load, lol.  So unlike me!  I generally do a load thurs/fri of all the cleaning cloths/pee stuff etc (between Mary and the dogs there is generally some of that-this week it's been mostly Mary) so I did that Thurs, then Friday Mary peed her pants 3 times in about as many hours (err! including twice in about 15 min at the school supper!) so I washed them and their clothes Friday and then scrubs and the wet swimsuit stuff today.  So I guess I won't have much laundry to do Monday!  I'll be glad to have 5 sets of scrubs now.

Full time is going OK. Last week was super duper hard.  I was SO tired coming back from Chicago and then going into 2 night shifts.  So tired.  But this past week has been better.  I don't know if it's because one of my shifts is in the weekend so they're not all together during the week?  I know Brenda says that the week when there isn't a weekend shift is the hardest.  This week I've been full nursing coordinator while someone is on vacation and this comming week I have an extra coordinator shift as well.  I'm working the weekend and then Tues and Wed night shift.  But then I'm off until the following Tuesday :)  I need to get in Thursday or Fri and catch up on the blood bank report I do.  I am SO far behind on it!

I've also been working on getting the kids' room fixed up again.  It's been fun to have a craft project to work on.  Last night I worked on some painted ornament things for their walls and re-did Robert's name letters.  I also have the 2 posters that we got for Robert and the air force museum framed and some art work that they had done that fits in framed (just in walmart frames).  I have 2 posters for Mary and 1 for Robert coming in the mail and material to make Robert a fleece blanket and I have the material but need to make Mary's blanket.  I'm going ahead and making a blanket that will fit a twin bed since I'm sure she'll be in a real bed before I know it.  Actually I guess she'll need a full size one since she'll get Granny's bedroom set but since I only have 2 yards of fabric (that's all they had) she'll get a twin!

No comments: