Tuesday, August 17, 2010

working on the kids room and misc

I've been having  a  great time working on the kids' room.  I've got all the posters now and they are in frames.  Robert has a space shuttle, planets and one of the milky way (or to quote him the milky wave, lol) posters.  Mary has 2 butterfly/flower prints which are gorgeous!  I'm trying to have enough stuff for Robert so when we get his room done it will be good.  And I decided to go on the light side for Mary since she still doesn't really have preference/taste.  I figure eventually we'll have a Tinkerbell or Princess poster in there too. 

I have the material to make Mary's fleece tied blanket and I got Robert's cloth too-but somehow I ordered regular material, lol.  I googled fleece and wasn't paying attention!  So now I need to figure out how to transform it and 1-2 sheets into a light bedspread.  He LOVES the fabric and I think it will be great.  I got twin flat sheets today at walmart for $3 each-one lime green and the other dark blue.  They both look great with the material.  I guess I'll call grandma and see what she recommends.  That might be a fun project for us to do this weekend and her machine would probably do better than mine.  Of course she may well have plans this weekend!  I've shrunk the green sheet and the material already.  I'm hoping to get Mary's blanket done Thursday which would leave me with just his bedspread to do and the pictures hung in the right places etc.  I also have wall stickers for each of them.  Glow in the dark planets and regular butterflies.  And 2 painted butterflies (and she already had one) for Mary and 2 stars for Robert.  Anyway, it's just so much fun to have new stuff in there and to have big kid stuff instead of the baby stuff.  They are growing up sooo fast!  I can't believe it. 

I almost don't remember when they were babies.  It was like there were other babies that went away or something.  I think about how much I stressed over baby food, sleeping issues etc and now I realize that those things were so fleeting.  Between the 2 of them I spent maybe 8-9 months making baby food, lol.  There are certainly things that I don't miss-pumping, spoon feeding, 2 in diapers, first thing in the morning poopy diapers... lol.  It really goes so fast although it doesn't feel like it at the time.  I think the best quote on that was "the days are long but the years are short". 

I'm still trying to find my balance again with going to full time.  It's been hard trying to find time to go to the gym, get the housework, laundry, groceries etc all done.  I feel like I should be able to ask Wesley to pick up some more but he REALLY didn't want me to go back full time so I kinda feel like I can't.  So I'm still doing it all.  Except mowing and bills.  And he occasionally empties the dishwasher and burns the trash.  And he has the kids a little more-especially in the mornings.  I haven't made it to the gym at all this week yet (maybe tomorrow but I will be between 2 night shifts) nor is the house really clean.  It's not bad but it's not great either.  I did get a shark steam mop and it is fabulous!  And I'm seriously thinking about having Cricket come once a month and do the hard cleaning.  I'll see what my first pay check since going full time looks like.  It also doesn't help that the garden is in full swing so I'm picking tomatoes and peaches and more tomatoes....  We still aren't anywhere with working on the upstairs and I'm frustrated with that. 

Speaking (earlier) of mornings, the kids' new alarm clock is fabulous
http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/Toys-games/Teach-Me-Time-Talking-Alarm-Clock-and-Nightlight/e/860078000308

it turns green at a pre-determined time (7am here) and you tell the kids not to get up until it turns green.  Fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!  We were having issues with Robert getting up at 6:15/6:30 etc and that has completely eliminated it.  Now he does start knocking at 7:01 though so I think he is just hanging out and watching the clock, lol.  But that's fine because he is doing it quietly in his own bed, lol.


Work has been pretty busy over the last week or so.  Nothing too exciting, just busy.  I still love it though!

look mom!  Finally got the blog fixed!

No comments: