Thursday, September 02, 2010

Mary Update and...well...life

Mary's appointment went really well.  She is down to just a sleeve, not a whole compression shirt.  And just that until Jan they think.  It's just her left upper arm that needs compression now.  It's so strange to see her without a compression shirt!  We had a good day together.  It was a long day and we waited a long time for both appointments.  We were able to meet up with a virtual friend from the parenting board I spend a lot of time on and that was great!  She had offered to help while Mary was in the hospital but it was so crazy and I was such a mess I never took her up on it.  We met up at the mall and had lunch and then played at the kids play area there for a while and chatted.  Then Mary and I went to toys r us and then to our next appointment.  It was so hot but I had cash and got drinks from the soda machine and that really helped.  She slept all the way home and still went to bed at 8 (we got home at 6:45).

Snoopy isn't doing very well.  She wakes up at night panting (which wakes me up), is more lethargic.  She seems a little better on her antibiotics, less puddles etc.  But she HATES this round of antibiotics.  It takes forever to get them into her.  Thankfully it;s just once a day for 10 days.  I think we're at the beginning of the end and it is tearing me up.  I've never done this before and I'm not sure how to handle it.  I guess we'll know when the time is right to let her go. I know it's not yet.  And I am thankful that we have Daisy. Even though it is more work and chaos having her here helps.  We're taking them both to the beach next week and that should be good.  I think it will be Snoopy's last trip.

And lastly, there is a full time coordinator (night shift) position open.  I think I've decided to take it but we're ironing out details.  At the beginning it was that the other full time coordinator wanted to work every fri-sat-sun.  Then I heard a few min ago that she wants 2 Sundays a month off.  I guess we'll need to work out a schedule and see how it goes.  I hope she means Sun nights, not sat nights! It it's Sat night that will be hard to do.

The kids have been cute recently.  I went on a shopping spree today (or should I call it retail therapy)?  Robert had asked for light up shoes and I found him light up toy story shoes for $15.  I also picked him up 2 more toy story t shirts and I found 2 lego shirts that came with tiny lego sets.  I have them put away for later.  I got Mary a pair of light up shoes too and a helmet and some clearance clothes for next year and an outfit for fall.  I also stocked them up on socks (both) and underwear (Robert).  I told Robert when I picked him up today that I had a surprise.  He decided that he needed to go sit on the couch and close his eyes and so he did.  Well he was SO excited (as was Mary).  It was very cute.  He loves them.  He then decided that we needed to go swimming so I set up the pool.  Of course it was COLD so they didn't last long!  Mary is doing well with potty training with just the occasional accident.  She takes tender loving care of the babies, especially Amy (the bitty baby).  Well, I'm falling asleep so more later...

No comments: