Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Robert's life

In to stuff!

Wow, between working and keeping up with Robert my internet time has been severly limited (and what little I've had I've spent trying to decide on a new diaper bag-mine is too small for lugging around blankets/toys/sweatshirts/food/sippy cup.... and I thought newborns needed a lot of stuff! I finally decided on a skip-hop-dash in uptown stripe (in case anyone is interested!)
http://www.mylittleducks.com/shdashstripe.html
Robert's toy of the day are the little springy things that keep the door from hitting the wall. I never dreamed they were so much fun, but they really are! And socks are a ton of fun too. (BTW, mom the socks you sent are AWESOME!). I weighed him yesterday at work and he is now 18.2 lbs and 29 inches. No wonder he's getting heavy! I don't carry him without a sling for very long at all-to the car or next door is about the max. Thank heavens the ring sling is so easy to get him in and out of! And the ergo is great for longer trips (like Walmart). OK, off the shopping/product reccomendation kick!
Lets see, new stuff that's going on. Robert has started eating rice chex and rice crispies and does well with both (and loves them!). He's also doing well with shredded peices of chicken off my plate. His pincer grasp is comming along slowly and he can move food from hand to hand and to puppy. He was feeding Snoopy rice chex yesterday and when he stopped she sneezed (which is her way of saying "please"-it's a command we taught her), and looked puzzled when he didn't feed her any more. I wonder how soon she'll have him trained. He is a major roller during diaper changes/dressing-undressing which is getting old fast. If you turn around to get diaper ointment he has rolled himself over and is crawling halfway off the (very low) bed to get the puppy. He's crawling better, starting to get his legs and arms in sync instead of just pulling with his arms and slithering and can get pretty much anywhere he want to get. He loves to crawl to the headboard of our bed and play with the metal inserts (leaves/acorns). They rattle well. Oh and shoes are facinating-his and anyone elses. If I want to show off his crawling I take my shoes and put them accross the room and watch him go for them. I think that the great shoe rack I got for the kitchen maybe wasn't such a great idea after all. He thinks of it as an all you can get buffet! Well, I'm hearing munchkin awake noises so I'd better get and get some stuff done before I have to go to work this afternoon.

No comments: