Thursday, March 17, 2011

Robert

My dear boy.  How I love you.  I can't believe you are 5.  Wasn't it just yesterday that I held you all night in the hospital after you were born while you cried and cried.  I stood by you those nights and I always will.  I want you to know that I will always be there for you, always there to listen, to play, to pray, to read. 

I took you to Kindergarten open house today and you are so excited to go to the big school.  "Can I go after one more sleep mom?".  No, not til August and when I started off with "this is March and next is.." you chimed in with "April, May, June, July, August".  Um yeah.  Exactly.  Ms Novella says you are making great strides in pre-K and I can see it in your school work and just in general.  You really are growing up!  You dress yourself well and without most of the fighting we were going through for a while, you can brush your teeth completely on your own-putting toothpaste on the brush and all!  You listen pretty well and are doing well at church with me.  It's been so nice having you both out with me in the service and teaching you what church really is.  I also loved seeing your eyes when you saw the science stuff in one of the K class rooms.  They had fosils, coral, a skull of something etc and some little magnifying glasses.  So cool and you were entranced. 

I love how innocent you still are.  You watch Dora with Mary, you play with toys instead of your leapster.  You love me to pretend to be the kissy monster.  You (both) and daddy have a great game of "cracked egg" in the bed (as well as banana, hide under the covers-whateve it is that you guys play!).  You love your legos and are building more and more with them.  You love me to play with you.  Today I was so sad-you wanted me to play with you but I had taken you both to the park to play and when we got home I had to finish Mary's cupcakes and make supper. 

Robert, I love you!  I'm so proud of you.  I pray that you will grow into the person that God wants you to be. 

No comments: