Thursday, March 17, 2011

Mary

So it is now officially your 3rd b-day.  I hope you are snuggled in tight in your bed under your new fleecy princess blankie.  I can't wait to give you your presents tomorrow!  I've had them since before Christmas-a bitty baby outfit and a matching one for you (!!!), a bitty baby camping outfit, and a princess sleeping bag.  I'd love to give you a box of pink legos but daddy said no.  So I'm trying to persuade you to spend A. Lalee's money on one!  But when I asked you you said "no, I'll just play with Robert's!". 

Little girl you are so special.  Ms Novella told me today that you are just one giant sponge-you soak up every song, rhyme and story.  You love your books, your baby dolls and most recently DORA.  Lol.  It's all about Dora recently.  You can count to 30, know the days of the week, all the nursery rhymes, colors, shapes, and well everything.  I'm never sure what is going to come out of your mouth next!  You love babies and can locate one a mile away.  To be sure I think Robert is equally smart-you just verbalize like crazy.  I'm afraid you got my talking genes :)  You love to snuggle with me in bed in the mornings, love to sit in my lap.  You have the cutest pigtails and smile.  You love dresses and dress up and pretties.  You love nursing stuff-I found you today with my (real) stethescope oscultating a chair, lol.  I hope it's doing OK!

And I am so thankful that your scars aren't any worse that they are.  Your arm that was still thick is thining out nicely and I think you'll outgrow it.  I sure hope so.  There isn't a day that I give you a bath that I don't still hurt for what you went through.  You don't seem to notice or think about it at all but I remember.  I'll never forget.  You'll understand someday when you have kids.  I should have been able to protect you but I couldn't. 

Miss Mary Strawberry, Mary Bug, Fuzzy... keep sweet, keep gentle.  Keep loving those babies (hey I want grandkids someday!).  Know that I love you so very much.  I pray that God will do amazing things in your life.  I'll always be here for you.  I love you!

No comments: