Monday, November 22, 2010

misc assorted stuff

When we were packing to move here I laughed at Wesley.  My boxes were all labeled with "spices", "books" etc.  And Wesley's were pretty much labeled "misc assorted stuff".  Poor guy.  But I have a sneaking sympathy for him tonight when I really have no idea what to label this blog post. 

Snoopy is still hanging in there.  Wesley took her last week to the vet in Waynesboro and he recommended putting her on 3 different antibiotics.  2 are twice a day and one is once a day. This is in addition to her 2 stomach pills and her cancer pill.  He also said we can increase her cancer med to twice a day and see how that does.  She isn't really wanting to eat, we're having to give her extra stuff in her dog food to make her eat.  I made a gravy out of supper leftovers and that went really well tonight.  She seems a little better than she did, so I guess we'll see how things go.

I've been having a blast making felt food for the kids for Christmas.  I'm working on a turkey tonight-too cute!  I think they'll really love it-I hope they will!  So far I've made fruit (orange, apple, kiwi, grapefruit, lemon, lime, pear), a 1/2 bread loaf and 2 slices of bread that fit into a hot pink bread pan, some Christmas cookies and now the turkey.  :) 

The kids are doing well.  We had a good weekend, they were relatively well behaved.  We've had to pull Robert and Logan out of nursery during worship due to a sudden influx of 7-12 month olds (we had 4 the other week!).  They are technically too old to be back there so it was past time.  So this was Robert's first week in church with me for worship and he did well.  I took crayons/coloring book/space flashcards and he picked out a handful of cars/trucks.  That seemed to get him through worship, announcements etc OK.  Mary wasn't sure about being in nursery without Robert but I talked up helping take care of the babies and she went for it!   

Ms Sherry was telling me about the Christmas play practice today-Mary and whoever it is who will be Joesph-Jackson maybe? were up front and then they called for whoever is going to be an angel and reminded him to fly his arms.  Mary proceeded to try to fly her arms and hold the doll baby Jesus all at the same time, she said it was hilarious.  Robert's funny is that he calls egg nog "egg noggin".  It is too cute :)  He is playing more and more with his legos and with the dress up stuff.  I got a wicker hamper at the sunnyside sale last weekend and it is working great for the dress up clothes.  I have some more put away to give him for Christmas.  Mary spends all her time with her babies.  She takes such careful care of them.  It's so cute.  I've really been battling eczema with her this winter-it's getting really old.  I can't wait to have her out of her shirt! 

I had a dentist appointment today and they massacred my teeth so I've taken some ibuprofen and am chilling while Wesley give the kids a bath.  No cavities just lots of tarter.  I got the kids dressed and to school and picked them up and made supper so I figured I've earned a few minutes of down time.  Tomorrow I have tele class so my normally free/catch up on the laundry/house day will be gone doing that.  Sigh.  But I really don't think I could pass the test without re-taking the class!

I can't believe Thanksgiving is coming so soon and I know that before I know it it will be Christmas.  It's crazy.Working full time has really made the weeks fly for me.  Every time I turn around it's Friday.  I think it's because I work wed and thurs nights so I go to work Wed, sleep, back to work and wake up and it's friday evening, lol.

No comments: