Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Another night shift...

Well I attempted something new today. Taking the kids to Denee's so I could nap before night shift. I never did fall asleep. I did rest some and feel pretty good. I'm not sure it was worth driving there and back for 2 1/2 hours of quiet and getting a trooper stuck in the snow on the way out (oops!). I did go to the gym today but my back was hurting and running made it worse so I just walked, and then I went home and fed the kids lunch. My back feels fine now. I did some good stretching at the end and I think that helped. I need to get back into weights but I haven't done that yet. Other than that I finished laundry and washed all the sheets and remade all the beds but ours. Mary still naps in the pack n play so when I do sheets I do 4 sets. I don't wash sheets nearly as often as I should!

I'm almost done getting the pictures together for the kids albums (my "rule" is their albums have to be ready for their b-day party-so they are never more than a year old!) I submited over 350 pictures to be printed today. The last pics we had printed were last year this time (except the mother's day pics and the Christmas cards and what Wesley did for the fair). So I was a little behind but a year felt manageable. It only took me 3 hours or so to go through all our pics from this year. I think I printed maybe 1/15th of the pics-if that. I think I went through 4,000 pics! It was so neat to see all the fun things we've done this year. Not just how the kids have changed but all the trips we took: Philly, beach, camping etc. I can't wait to see all the cool stuff that we'll do this summer! Well, once the hospital moves and we can ta

Lets see, what's new with Mary? Her compression shirt is here so I'll take her Friday to get fitted for that. Otherwise she's basically crazy :) She's doing great with the potty-even tried to go poop on the potty yesterday but couldn't quite get it out while sitting. She knew she had to go and told me that she had to which was great! She doesn't seem to be in any pain at this point, doesn't even seem to mind the creams or massage. You can tell when the moisturizers are "wearing off" at the end of the 12 hours-she gets a little itchy. Otherwise she's great! Her face looks fantastic. I meant to take pics last wed and didn't get to them and now I think I'll wait for Friday which will be 2 months since the accident. It seems like an eternity ago and yet like yesterday. I'm so thankful that the worst of it is over and hope this year goes well and that the scaring will be minimal in the long run. I really think it will be. It looks better every day.

Well I guess I'd better print the unit census papers before downtime. I've been writing a paragraph, placing an admission, writing another one, starting an IV.... lol. So if this is disjointed you know why!

No comments: