Friday, April 27, 2007

life goes on

Well, they say bad stuff happens in 3's and the third has happened so hopefully this is it! The mother of a very good friend of ours (she was also one of our favorite people) died unexpectedly Monday and the family night was last night. They're doing a small family-only service sometime this weekend I think. She was only 54. These last 2 weeks the chorus of a fairly new Christian pop song from the group Superchick keeps running through my head

we live
we love
we forgive and never give up
cuz the days we are given are gifts from above
and today we remember to live and to love

here's the link to the rest of the song if anyone is interested
http://www.christianrocklyrics.com/superchick/welive.php

What a reminder to savor every day. I find myself playing more, reading more, hugging more. Life is so precious and I am so blessed....

On a more personal note, I am changing job courses slightly for the next couple months to do some testing and training on the new nursing computer system. It will be 3 days a week (office hours) and then I'll continue to do my every other weekend evening shift (which will bring me to 4 days a week). I'm excited about the oportunity. I was asked on Tuesday and start at the end of next week! Talk about sudden. The poor assistant director who is having to fill my schedule... 3-11 is not a popular shift to work!

No comments: