Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A Break

We had a nice weekend away. It was good to just relax and talk, hang out in the hot tub (once we got it working-the breaker was off!). We had a good time in Pigeon Forge. Did some shopping, a lot of sleeping, some wandering around Gatlinburg, mainly the arts and crafts area. We had a couple nice meals out-the Mill in Pigeon Forge and a really nice restaurant in Gatlinburg-whose name I can't remember! It was built around an old trout farm and was just awesome. I had grilled trout which was to die for as was the house speciality-chocolate cheesecake! The rest of the meals we made ourselves. I brought some food I had made/frozen and some ready to heat stuff, hotdogs and then tubes of cinnamon rolls/turnovers, pancake mix. It was great.

I missed the kids a lot more than I thought I would. I worried a lot about Mary. But they did fine and so did Heather and Ryan and Roger and Peggy! It was just so refreshing to wake up to nothing to do. No breakfast to make for little ones, no poopy diapers, just us.

Today I decided to get my but back in gear and get more serious about working out, loosing the lbs that have been creeping on since Mary's accident. So we hit the gym and I had a great workout. I think I have finally come to the realization that staying at my goal weight is going to be a struggle forever. And that's just the way it is.

On a happier note I was able to go and see Jacob and Jodi and their new baby this evening. They were still up when I was rounding down there and it was so precious to see them! I am so happy for them!

No comments: